In partnership with RAFI – Kool Adventure Camp (RAFI-KAC), Gabii sa Kabilin will hold the GSK Heritage Hunt. The contest is open to 20 teams of 5 each who have to complete 5 sets of challenges located in 5 out of 10 heritage sites tagged for the hunt within 4 hours. Please refer below for the complete mechanics.
GSK Heritage Hunt Mechanics
- The GSK Heritage Hunt is open to 20 teams of 5 members each aged 12 to 50 years old. Registration begins April 30 and ends May 22, 2017 or when all 100 slots are filled up.
- The registration fee of Php 350 per participant includes a Gabii sa Kabilin t-shirt, a pouch and admission to sites included in the GSK Heritage Hunt.
- Teams must go to 5 out of 10 sites earmarked for the contest and complete a set of challenges in each within 4 hours.
- Teams must earn as many points as possible from each set of challenges they choose to take on. The maximum number of points varies per site so teams must plan their itinerary.
- A team is not allowed to split up and go to 2 or more sites simultaneously. Each team is only allowed to go to one site at a time.
- There is a prescribed route and mode of mobility for going from one site to another. Points will be taken away from teams who do not abide by them.
- The three teams who bag the highest number of points out of their 5 chosen sets of challenges within the required time will be given special awards. Here are the prizes:
1st place: Php 5,000
2nd place: Php 3,000
3rd place: Php 2,000
- All teams who are able to finish 5 sets of challenges within 4 hours will also be given prizes.
- The GSK Heritage Hunt will take place during Gabii sa Kabilin on May 26, 2017 from 6 to 10 pm. Teams are required to assemble in Casa Gorordo Museum at 5:30 pm so they can meet their facilitators and plan their itineraries. Each team will be accompanied by a facilitator throughout the event.
- Each participant will be asked to sign a waiver. Waivers of participants under 18 years must be signed by their parents or legal guardians. Challenges will require participants to brisk walk and jog for up to a few hundred meters or climb flights of stairs in summer night weather.